Friday 18 March 2011

Secret Agent-time!

So Mum and I have been editing my prologue again before sending it off to the agent (and after I added 4 pages' worth of new material the other day) and we finished editing it yesterday! But before we sent it, she wanted to read over my query letter again, so that took a good while, because she insisted on reading everything, like, 3 times. But finally, at 10 last night, we sent my query to Mary Kole of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency! Yay! I'm so excited!! I was also glad we got to send it yesterday because a) it was Saint Patrick's Day, so it'll be easy to remember what day we sent it. b) it was Saint Patrick's Day, and I'm Scotch-Irish, so kind of a fun heritage day for me :). c) it was the 17th (my favourite number) of the year 11 (my second favourite number). Just a little bit of fun trivia for you there. :)
Wow...it doesn't seem like this is all really happening. I mean, I started writing this book 4 years ago when I was twelve and yeah, I dreamed of getting it published, but now that it's really happening....*takes a deep breath*.

5 comments:

  1. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...I wish I could be like you...
    *SIGH!*
    I can't write long stories. Well, I can, but... I'm better at shorter ones.
    Plus I probably wouldn't have any chance at it either...
    I'm very excited for you. I AM GOING TO READ YOUR BOOK THEN WHEN I SEE SOMEONE ELSE READING IT I'LL TELL THEM MY FRIEND WROTE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. By the way.
    What name you using?
    (You can email me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hey, you could always write a book of short stories! :)
    Haha YAYY!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello is there a blog for Georgie? You see this is a 12 yr. Old girl who lives in America. I want to be living in England soooo bad and wants an English acsent. Having an american ascent is so dull and boring. Also I want to be just like Georgie and an actress. Also be an English person. I'm not like other 12 yr. old girls for styles. I understand the concept of narnia, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen,
    I don't know if Georgie has her own blog, but here is a great fan website you can visit: http://totally-georgie.com/ . England is a fantastic place to be sure, but so is America, and British people love American accents, so don't be hating on them! :) I'm sure if you work hard and pursue your acting dreams, you will go far and do just as well as Georgie. Dream big, trust in God, and you'll be able to do great things.

    ReplyDelete