Tuesday 3 August 2010

Um...


Hey, Sam, I was looking at LuLu for the self-publishing, and...it seems kinda cool. You get way more control over everything (like your cover, book name, book binding...) and you get 80% of your revenue (but I don't really care too much about that). So...what do you guys think? Self-publish and keep it on a nice, small level and have way more control? Or actually publish and have it cost a lot more, less control, and probably not near as much revenue? Cause I have an idea for the cover I really love and idk if they would even let me suggest it if it was really published....Ask your dad and see what he thinks, Sam.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch... hard choice. I think Lulu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it didn't take that long for my dad's book to be published. And you get to name your price, pick your cover artist (Dad used a guy in...Switzerland, i think?) and all that stuff. he wrote his own blurb and biography too. I don't know if you get to write those yourself or if someone else writes them normally. Oh! Um..we didn't have to pay for a photographer for the picture on the back, you might wanna think about that. The main reason that the book isn't on shelves yet is because Dad has some other stuff that he wants put in the book, which he is allowed to do, since there isn't really a deadline. He's always asking us what names sound good for charts and things. He's got to copyright some stuff still too. But, yeah. Food for thought!

    ReplyDelete