Tuesday 24 May 2011

Proposals All Around!

Yesterday, I recieved the literary publishing proposal from my publisher Sheryn Hara of Book Publishers Network, and it basically outlined all of the costs involved for getting Young Falcon and the subsequent novels published. You wanna know approximately how much it's gonna cost?
     Around $7,000 to 8,000.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    No idea how we're gonna get all that money, but hey, with God all things are possible! So I'm not really worried about the money, or how long it's gonna take to get it, 'cause I'm on His timetable anyway, and there's nothing I could do to speed the process up anyway...And maybe my school and church buddies could help me raise some money. Maybe even the local radio station! Haha I'm gonna take over the world! ;)
     But I'm still really excited BECAUSE IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING!! There's hope! And as long as there's hope and God, everything will work out fine. Which means that everything will always work out, 'cause God is always gonna be there. How reassuring! :)
    Any and all suggestions/advice is welcome!

5 comments:

  1. why dont you just publish one then after you get the money from that one you publish whatever else you can? then during the time when you're getting the money you can also do more revising

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes no sense, Jestar. It takes $7000-8000 to get ONE book published, not all of them, and if I waited until the first was published to start revising the second, it'd take like a year just to get it rewritten. Nobody likes waiting that long for the next book to come out (I don't, anyway). I might as well get the second one revised while I have nothing else to do, as the publishing process hasn't officially started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did you think it was going to cost? A couple hundred? This isn't setting up a neighborhood lawn service, this is getting YOUR work, YOUR time, and YOUR effort, out into the world. It's going to take a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yeah, it'd be nice if it was that cheap, Jestar, but it ain't.
    And Sam: isn't self-publishing a little more expensive than regular? That's what I always read; just wondered. Ask your dad and tell me what he says, okie day? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have our email, why don't you ask him?

    ReplyDelete