Sunday 4 July 2010

Poems

Invisi and I have been writing poems all day. For my book. And from this conversation, I have decided that I simply MUST have her two poems (Immortal Sands and The Writer's Saga) in my book, because they are so AMAZING!!! So you will see Invisi's poems in my book. :D Meanwhile, here is a poem I wrote for my book. Enjoy!


Pale Hope

From the ashes of a ruined hope,
In the dying twilight of a long-dead day,
Six fading candles flicker,
Holding the choking shadows at bay.

Fire and shifting shapes swirl in the mist,
Twisted, pale, and grey.
Small and wavering on the edge of night,
They stand unaided,
Giving an unknown fight.

Shadows and whispers of dark things,
Nameless and long forgotten,
They crawl, breaking through the ring.

One of the candles wavers farther,
Tempted by the lies of the gusting breeze,
Till at last, it flickers out,
Letting the shadows creep in with ease.

Five fading candles flicker,
Holding the smothering shadows at bay.
The shadows deepen, shutting out the light,
Their inky claws reaching
From the dark concealment of night.

One by one,
The darkness touches them all;
The shadows consume bit by bit,
One by one, they fall.

But far off a pale light lingers;
A dawn, a soft hope,
Reaching out with untainted fingers.

A single candle is relit,
Its dim light weak,
From its flame frail hope shall emit.

One by one,
The light touches them all;
Out of the consuming darkness,
One by one they crawl.

The light spreads its golden wings,
Growing stronger,
Changing all living things.
At long last, the world is healed.

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAY! *clap* and you said you couldn't write poems :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well it was only thanks to talking to you that I came up with this one :)

    ReplyDelete