Monday 12 July 2010

Tuck Everlasting



On Saturday I saw the very best movie I've seen in a VERY long time: Tuck Everlasting. I'd always heard of it and Mom had tried to get me to read it before, but I'd never watched it. But while in Salado, while intensely bored, we went to the library and got this movie. I watched it that afternoon and immediately loved it. I made Mom watch it again with me later, and we stayed up till 1 o'clock watching it. :D So here's the summary of Tuck Everlasting:

If you could choose to live forever...would you? Tuck Everlasting is the story of a girl named Winnie Foster and a family who she meets, the Tucks. The Tucks have a secret: they're immortal, impervious to disease and unable to die, even if shot or bitten by a rattlesnake. They drank water from a spring that was actually a fountain of youth. Till the end of time, they will stay that way. Winnie falls in love with one of the Tucks, Jesse, a "17" year old boy who shares the same feelings for her. Scared of death, Winnie must choose between being immortal and being with Jesse or following the circle of life and dying someday. The Tucks try to teach her how she shouldn't fear death, how they would give anything to die. It teaches the importance and understanding of life and death. It shows that you should not fear death, but to fear an unlived life.

No comments:

Post a Comment